Join Cartwheel Art Tours and Atlas Obscura as we explore the hidden gems of West Adams and meet the artists, historians, designers, and creative entrepreneurs who are revitalizing this pocket of our city.
A village of shipping containers has popped up around the legendary J “N” J Burgers & Bar-B-Que. Known as the Shops at Adams Gateway, it’s a creative community gathered together by Fred Sutherland, designer and co-founder of Fred 62. During this tour, we’ll zigzag between shipping containers, music, and art and meet Fred as well as Renée Günter, a pioneering landscape designer and owner of Daily Organics (housed inside the green shipping container).
Next we’ll explore street art and murals with historian Steve Grody (author of Graffiti LA) and graffiti artist Duke One in the streets and alleys of West Adams. Along the way we’ll view works by Syntek, Binho Ribero, Yok and Shero, and many others including graffiti crew productions, before we wrap up the day at Delicious Pizza where we will also be checking out the art show at Infinity West Adams.
Notes for this adventure:
– This is a two mile walking tour.
– Please dress for the weather.
– Ages 12 and up. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
– Rain or shine! This tour will run as scheduled unless we’re expecting dangerous weather in which case we will cancel via email. Tickets will be refunded or transferred to a rescheduled date, depending on your availability.
– Street parking is available, please read signs carefully and park at your own discretion.
– Photography is encouraged! Tag #atlasobscura #cartwheelarttours
– A signed liability waiver is required from all attendees
– Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final.