-For Immediate Release-
PROJECT Gallery Hosts
CARTWHEEL Street & Outsider Art Spring Pop-Up
WHAT: Hollywood newcomer PROJECT Gallery hosts CARTWHEEL’s Second Annual Pop-Up Art Show. This is an exciting opportunity for collectors and art enthusiasts to view and purchase unique works by eight stand-out street, outsider, assemblage, surf, and new contemporary artists primarily from the art fair circuit who are new to or emerging within Los Angeles. Along with the four day exhibition of art and installations, there will be a series of special interactive events occurring with artists daily, including live music and painting, a family day gathering of fun to coincide with the Hollywood farmers market, and much more to be announced.
WHERE: PROJECT Gallery
1553 N. Cahuenga Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
WHEN: Wednesday, March 20 7pm – 9 pm; Private preview
Thursday, March 21 7pm – 10pm; Open to the public reception
Thursday, March 21 – Sunday, March 24; gallery hours; 10am – 7pm
Special daily/nightly events to be announced
CONTACT: Press: Jen DiSisto, Art Duet: firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Purchases: Cindy Schwarzstein, CARTWHEEL: email@example.com
LA’s most forward-thinking art venture, CARTWHEEL, announces its second annual pop-up art exhibition at Hollywood’s new gallery space, PROJECT Gallery. CARTWHEEL’s pop-up will feature eight artists, comprised of street, outsider, surf, and new contemporary artists from around the U.S., most from the national art fair circuit, many of whom have never shown in Los Angeles before, selected by CARTWHEEL founder Cindy Schwarzstein. This is an opportunity for collectors and art enthusiasts to immerse themselves in current art and connect with the artists and the larger creative community. By combing fresh, bold art with daily interactive events, CARTWHEEL creates a mini-art fair-like environment at PROJECT Gallery space. This four-day art event consisting of installations, performances, and artist meet-and-greets will commence with an open-to-the-public exhibit on Thursday, March 21, from 7pm to 10pm.
- Corey Hagberg: A mural artist from Rockford, Illinois who works with paint and screen prints on both canvases and walls; his taboo topics are presented with optimism
- Evo Love: A Miami multi-media artist who creates unique altar-like assemblages and installations that focus on personal and universal symbols of belief
- Greg Haberny: A New York artist who builds complex installations and assemblages that are part of prestigious public and private U.S. and international collections
- Lydia Emily: An acclaimed L.A. street artist that makes her prints and paintings from a foundation of profound social responsibility and a duty to stand up and speak out
- Lyle Carbajal: Images associated with childhood – comics, monsters, machines, and animals – draw on this Portland, Oregon artist’s affinity for the popular and primitive
- RADICAL!: At only 21, with detailed illustrative work based on social observations, this young Albany artist has exhibited in New York City, Boston, and Copenhagen
- Roy Gonzalez: This icon in the Orange County extreme sport industry’s art and design circles creates some of the most definitive images of the surf, skate, and music industries
- Scott Michael Ackerman: An outsider artist from Woodstock, New York who receives acclaim for colorful paintings on found objects
With unique and focused insights on both the Los Angeles art scene and national art fairs, CARTWHEEL is a versatile art service venture, meeting the needs of both artists and collectors, as well providing pop-up and art fair consultation, development, and promotion across the country. CARTWHEEL’s aware and passionate team is always on the lookout for the latest events, projects, artists, and shows, as well as the chance to profile unique talents and trends in the emerging and contemporary art worlds, all of which is then documented on the popular site CARTWHEELart.com.
A beautifully designed gallery newcomer, PROJECT Gallery is a cultural destination for the Hollywood arts community. PROJECT Gallery features actively rotating exhibitions with emerging and established artists and boasts a unique and creative event space with a modern edge. In a very short time PROJECT Gallery has held exhibitions for contemporary artists including Zio Zigler, Ian Ross, and Awekword, and has received media attention from Los Angeles Confidential, Los Angeles Magazine, LA Canvas, and Daily Candy, amongst others. Upcoming events include an evening with The Hollywood Arts Council and 50 Years of The Rolling Stones; A Rock and Roll Retrospective. For more information on PROJECT Gallery please visit www.projectla.net or gallery rep www.artduet.net.
** Currently all art can be previewed at www.CARTWHEELart.com