Join Cartwheel Art Tours for an official BritWeek programming event, on an urban bus adventure, to DISCOVER, EXPLORE and EXPERIENCE British culture in Los Angeles, through art and food/beverage.
Whether it’s been through music, film, literature, fashion, architecture, pop-culture, philosophy, or science, Britain has affected us. With insider perspectives, by makers and artists, Cartwheel Art founder, Cindy Schwarzstein, will lead the group by bus, through unique neighborhoods, as we celebrate the influence of British Culture in Los Angeles.
PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
(Early Bird ends Friday April 7th!)
Highlights of the immersive urban bus tour:
Galleries with visual art created by UK and LA artists, who have been influenced by British Culture. Included are as follows:
Murals by artists from the UK and LA artists who have been influenced by British culture. some of the murals will include:
Steve Grody, historian and author of Graffiti LA, who will join us for part of the tour, will describe how some LA Cholo gang writers were influenced by old english gothic fonts, such as Dark Progressivism artists Big Sleeps and Defer, who are featured in Dark Progressivism.
Special notes for the tour:
– The location for the bus pick up is at The Gabba Gallery: 3126 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90057
– A signed liability waiver is required by all attendees.
– Pie from The Pie Hole has been graciously provided to the group by The Pie Hole!!
– Chips and Sausage Rolls provided by the Lost Knight.
– This is a five hour day. Please plan accordingly with beverages and snacks.
– Comfortable shoes are recommended for the walking component. Prepare for steps and alleys. – Guest’s must be 21+ for The Lost Knight. Food and beverages besides the sausage rolls and chips at The Lost Knight, are not included in the ticket price..
– A portion of the proceeds are provided to guest speakers and artists.
– Photography is encouraged! Please tag @cartwheel_art and #CartwheelArtTours along with #BritWeek
ARTIST LIST FOR \BRIT-FLUENCE(D)\ (in alphabetical order): Liseth Amaya (UK), Jonny Arnold (UK), Will Blanchard aka Wildcat WIll (UK), Nicholas Bonamy (LA), Brandon Boyd (LA), Lisa Derrick (LA), Inkie (UK), Joey Feldman (LA), Teale Hatheway (LA), Himbad (UK), Jay Kantor (LA), Dr. Paul Koudournais (LA), Captain Kris (UK), Stone Larkin (LA),, Xany Rudoff (LA), Otto Schade (UK), Robert “Sticky” Shaw (LA), Cherie Strong (UK)
Top photo: mural by Captian Kris(UK) x Hicks (UK) x Smug, will be seen on the tour. Photo by Cindy Schwarzstein
Detail of the massive mural by Captain Kris x Hicks x Smug. Photo by Cindy Schwarzstein.
Meet Liseth Amaya (UK), who collaborated with Lapiztola on this mural. Photo by Cindy Schwarzstein
View mural by Himbad (UK) on the tour in Animal Alley. Photo by Cindy Schwarzstein.
Mural collaboration by Big Sleeps, Defer and Vyal One, demonstrates the old english font influence. Photo by Cindy Schwarzstein
We will be served Earl Grey Tea Pie on the tour! We LOVE their pie!!
Interior of The Lost Knight where we will be served sausage rolls and chips. Photo by Carl Pocket.
Sneak peek of work by Robert “Sticky” Shaw for \Brit-fluence(d)|, a BritWeek art showSneak peek of work by Dr. Paul Koudournais (LA) for \Brit-fluence(d)|, a BritWeek art show