CARTWHEEL today announced the opening of our virtual gallery, CARTWHEEL Shop. Featuring original, exclusive artworks by a selection of hand-picked artists, the online gallery brings contemporary art to collectors with cutting-edge tastes. Potential buyers with a range of budgets can browse the selection online; all art will be authenticated and signed by the artists.
Curated by founder Cindy Schwarzstein, the Shop’s artworks are exclusive to CARTWHEEL. She says:
Bringing artists and collectors together has always been our foundation. We love viewing and sharing art in person and online, so creating a virtual gallery is a natural extension of our growing web presence. And these are pieces you won’t find anywhere else.
The first five artists selected for CARTWHEEL Shop include:
- Matjames Metson, an artist known for his assemblages made with vintage photographs, metal, and hand-carved wood
- RADICAL!, a.k.a. Erik Savage, who creates works based on his surroundings and social observations from his upstate New York studio
- Scott Michael Ackerman, an outsider artist who paints on found objects
- Lydia Emily, a multimedia artist whose works reflects her street art/activist ethics
- Roy Gonzalez, an icon in the extreme sport industry’s art and design circles
Those interested in being added to a preferred collectors’ list are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Launched in July 2012 with a passionate team of writers and photographers, CARTWHEEL is proud to be the go-to URL for emerging artists and art collectors. Besides gallery reviews and artists interviews, we feature a lively calendar and original blog posts with a sharp eye for interesting, innovative, and unique art scenes and scenemakers. In 2013, CARTWHEEL will continue to produce and co-sponsor art events, including pop-ups, fairs, booths, and studio visits with artists in the CARTWHEEL Shop collection.